Assistant Superintendent

What is the Class of 2017 doing this fall?

by Randy Ziegenfuss and Lynn Fuini-Hetten on August 17, 2017

Did you attend our graduation celebration this past June in Symphony Hall?  Did you check out the Facebook Live stream? What a great night to celebrate the successes of our high school seniors!

Of the 139-member Class of 2017, 120 graduating seniors (86%) are continuing their formal education at 45 post-secondary institutions in the United States. The remaining 19 graduates (14%) are joining the workforce or military.

45 Colleges/Universities Including:

  • University of Arizona
  • Barry University
  • Bloomsburg University
  • University of California, Santa Cruz
  • University of Central Florida
  • University of Delaware
  • DeSales University
  • East Stroudsburg University
  • Elon University
  • Emory University
  • Fairleigh Dickinson
  • Florida Institute of Technology
  • George Washington University
  • Georgetown University
  • Grand Rapids Community College
  • Harvard College
  • Indiana University of Pennsylvania
  • Kutztown University
  • Lafayette College
  • Lehigh Carbon Community College
  • Lehigh University
  • Maryland Institute College of Art
  • Metro Beauty Academy
  • Millersville University
  • Moravian College
  • Northampton Community College
  • Penn State University
  • University of Pittsburgh
  • Philadelphia University
  • Rider University
  • Rochester Institute of Technology
  • University of Rochester
  • Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
  • San Diego State University
  • Seton Hall University
  • Shippensburg University
  • The College of St. Vincent
  • Susquehanna University
  • Temple University
  • Universal Technical Institute
  • Ursinus College
  • Valley Forge Military College
  • West Chester University
  • Wilkes University
  • York College of Pennsylvania


Comment on Pennsylvania’s Proposed ESSA Consolidated State Plan

by Randy Ziegenfuss and Lynn Fuini-Hetten on August 14, 2017

The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) replaces No Child Left Behind, reauthorizes the nation’s primary education law, and reinforces that law’s commitment to equal opportunity for all students. ESSA provides states with new flexibility in setting long term academic goals for students and schools, and in deciding how to identify and support schools that need improvement. States, including Pennsylvania are required to submit plans to the federal government describing these strategies.

The survey linked below provides an opportunity to share feedback with the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) regarding Pennsylvania’s draft ESSA Consolidated State Plan (also linked below). The survey will be open through to August 31, 2017. Your feedback is important as our state plan will impact the learning environment in Salisbury!

You may choose to comment on as many or as few sections as you wish. The survey asks you to provide basic demographic data to inform aggregate analysis of the survey sample; however, all responses are anonymous.

Access PA’s proposed ESSA Plan here.

Access PDEs survey here.




2017 Alumni Wall of Honor Applications – Due September 1!

August 3, 2017

The Salisbury Township School District is proud to recognize accomplished alumni through the Alumni Wall of Honor. The program is designed to recognize notable Salisbury Township School District alumni who have brought honor to the Salisbury Township School District. We are seeking nominees who have distinguished themselves and contributed to society in an exemplary manner. Number […]

0 comments Read the full article →

Mark your calendar! 2017-18 Coffee & Conversation Dates…

July 2, 2017

Parents and community members are invited to engage in conversation with our administrators!  Dr. Randy Ziegenfuss, Superintendent Mrs. Lynn Fuini-Hetten, Assistant Superintendent Monday, November 6 – 5:30-6:15 PM – Administration Building Monday, January 29 – 6:00-6:45 PM – Harry S Truman Elementary School Monday, March 12 – 9:00-10:00 AM – Administration Building Monday, May 21 – 6:00-6:45 PM […]

Read the full article →

Introducing Channel 68 – SFN – The Salisbury Falcon Network!

April 27, 2017

Do you subscribe to RCN cable?  Have you seen Salisbury’s new channel the Salisbury Falcon Network (SFN)?  Check it out on RCN Channel 68! Mr. Kelly Wetherhold, Media teacher at Salisbury High School, worked with students in Salisbury’s media program to learn how to develop digital narratives, delve into Adobe and Apple products to produce […]

Read the full article →

Alumni Wall of Honor!

April 13, 2017

This year, we inducted five Salisbury graduates into the Salisbury Township Wall of Honor. These inductees span graduation years from 1978 through 2003, and they have all made us Falcon Proud! The criteria is: Nominees must be a graduate of Salisbury Township School District Nominees must be at least 25 years old. Nominees are evaluated on […]

Read the full article →