Big Fish, Small Pond
TEDx SalisburyHighSchool Event
May 20, 2016
Salisbury High School will host the third TEDx SalisburyHighSchool event at Salisbury High School on Friday, May 20 starting at 6:00 PM.
Described as “a thought-provoking and inspiring evening of student voices” on the theme Relative Depravity: Big Fish, Small Pond, the event will bring together passionate young thinkers ready to share their perspectives on pushing the boundaries of perception.
Seating is limited. Interested attendees should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request tickets.
Innovative thinkers scheduled to appear at TEDx SalisburyHighSchool and their talks include:
- Andrew Fletcher (Salisbury HS): Finding a Passion in the Modern School System
- Leandra Roelker (Salisbury HS): What’s the Point?
- Kenneth Orrego (Quakertown HS): Self-Esteem: Fighting for Survival And many more….!
Follow TEDx SalisburyHighSchool on social media:
Twitter: @tedxsalisburyhi Event hashtag: #tedxsalisburyhi
Looking for books this summer? Would you like to chat with a librarian about the best new books of the year?
The Salisbury Township School District will be hosting summer library hours for students throughout this summer. Due to construction projects at Western Salisbury Elementary School, Harry S Truman School, and Salisbury Middle School, all Summer Library sessions will be held in the Salisbury High School Library. Books and resources from all other libraries will be available for check out at Salisbury High School.
The Salisbury Township School District will be hosting summer library hours for students who attend district schools. Each summer district library media teacher’s offer summer hours as part of the libraries mission to facilitate development of students and staff as effective users of ideas and information to foster a life-long habit of reading and learning. Kindergarteners thru twelfth graders are invited to join district librarians at Salisbury High School in the high school library to take part in storytime, activities, and check out books to enjoy all summer long. Visit once or as often as you can this summer. All books will be due in September.
Summer 2016 dates will be on Wednesday mornings from 9:30 am to 11:30 am.
- Wednesday, June 22nd – Hosted by Barbara Jaindl, Library Media Teacher
- Wednesday, June 29th – Hosted by Robin Burns, Library Media Teacher
- Wednesday, July 13th – Hosted by Barbara Jaindl, Library Media Teacher
- Wednesday, July 20th – Hosted by Robin Burns, Library Media Teacher
- Wednesday, July 27th – Hosted by Jane Brennan, Library Media Teacher
- Wednesday, August 3rd – Hosted by Jane Brennan, Library Media Teacher
Thank you for taking time to spend part of your summer with with Salisbury Township School District’s library media program.
Jane Brennan (email@example.com) , Library Media Teacher – Harry S. Truman Elementary School
Robin Burns (firstname.lastname@example.org), Library Media Teacher – Salisbury High School
Barbara Jaindl (email@example.com), Library Media Teacher – Western Salisbury Elementary School & Salisbury Middle School