Do you subscribe to RCN cable? Have you seen Salisbury’s new channel the Salisbury Falcon Network (SFN)? Check it out on RCN Channel 68!
Mr. Kelly Wetherhold, Media teacher at Salisbury High School, worked with students in Salisbury’s media program to learn how to develop digital narratives, delve into Adobe and Apple products to produce segments, learn interviewing and broadcasting techniques and produce a bi-weekly show that promotes student activities.
- Inspire, which highlights inspiring stories within the district
- Ignite which focuses on surprising and ‘awesome’ activities
- What’s the Story, which discusses behind the scenes stories
- The Concession Stand, featuring short sports related segments
- Headlines which targets traditional news stories
- The Peanut Gallery which allows the entertainment editors to show their comedic sides.
Media Management II and III students produce and manage the channel. Currently, the SFN staff is on its 14th episode this year.
If your child attends HST, check out the dedicated program slot on Monday nights at 7 PM. If your child attends Western Elementary, check out the dedicated time slot on Wednesdays beginning at 7 PM.
This year, we inducted five Salisbury graduates into the Salisbury Township Wall of Honor. These inductees span graduation years from 1978 through 2003, and they have all made us Falcon Proud!
The criteria is:
- Nominees must be a graduate of Salisbury Township School District
- Nominees must be at least 25 years old.
- Nominees are evaluated on the following criteria:
- 1. A commitment to learning
- 2. Accomplishments in his or her chosen career
- 3. Accomplishments related to volunteer work/service to others
- 4. A positive impact on people or contributions to others
- 5. Special recognition or awards
Matthew Haldeman is a Lieutenant in the United States Navy and an anesthesiologist resident. He has won multiple medals and distinctions including the Navy Commending Medal and Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal. His commitment to ongoing learning, his service to our country, and contributions to community organizations make us Falcon Proud.
Katherine Hilgert is the President and CEO of ArtsQuest and a graduate of the Class of 1989. She has received multiple leadership distinctions including: Lehigh Valley Business 2015 Women of Influence Honoree and Girl Scouts of Eastern PA Take the Lead Honoree. Through Katherine’s volunteerism on multiple boards including Boy Scouts of America and Discover Lehigh Valley, panel participation for multiple agencies as well as her personal mantra of “There is no limit to how far a man can go if he doesn’t care who gets the credit,” she makes us Falcon Proud.
Alissa Burkholder is an educator at the Stanford University dSchool who teaches creative problem solving through design thinking. Through Alissa’s extensive acts of service with the design team in Myanmar, her positive contributions to others around the world, special recognitions such as the FastCo Design and IDSA Idea Winner, she has made us Falcon Proud.
Dr. Kevin Strauss is a graduate (and former commencement speaker) for the class of 1986. He is a medical director for a Clinic for Special Children. He has received the Bock Prize for Innovation in Developmental Disabilities Research. Through his extensive publications and contributions to the medical field, his service to our community, and his long-standing commitment to education, Dr. Kevin Strauss has made us Falcon Proud.
Russell Zulick, a graduate of the class of 1978, is a private helicopter pilot who served extensively in the US military. He has received many awards including the Distinguished Flying Cross and Coast Guard Commendation and Achievement medals. Through his dedication of his life to service to his country and fellow citizens, and his positive impact on others, Russell has made us Falcon Proud.